By Andrew Burgess
Understand Backbone.js pragmatically through development seven diversified purposes from scratch
About This Book
- Gain insights into the interior operating of spine to leverage it better
- Exploit spine mixed with the positive factors of a Node powered server
- Learn how one can construct seven step by step frontend applications
Who This publication Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Discover seven other ways to create your personal frontend Backbone.js applications
- Create advanced interfaces whereas retaining the code adaptable via spine Views
- Control your functions' displays with simplicity via a spine router
- Utilize Marionette and Chaplin, the spine extension frameworks
- Build a Node.js server to regulate the types your frontend program sends to it and requests from it
- Work with templates that deal with the heavy lifting of your view
- Precompile your view for added efficiency
- Use spine extension libraries to create potent functions with much less coding
By Neal Ford
An individual who develops software program for a dwelling wishes a confirmed option to produce it greater, speedier, and less expensive. The effective Programmer bargains severe timesaving and productiveness instruments so you might undertake instantly, it doesn't matter what platform you utilize. grasp developer Neal Ford not just bargains suggestion at the mechanics of productivity--how to paintings smarter, spurn interruptions, get the main out your laptop, and stay away from repetition--he additionally information beneficial practices that can assist you elude universal traps, enhance your code, and turn into extra worthwhile for your group. you are going to discover ways to:
- Write the attempt earlier than you write the code
- Manage the lifecycle of your items carefully
- Build simply what you wish now, no longer what chances are you'll desire later
- Apply historical philosophies to software program improvement
- Question authority, instead of blindly adhere to criteria
- Make tough issues more uncomplicated and very unlikely issues attainable via meta-programming
- Be definite all code inside of a style is on the comparable point of abstraction
- Pick the best editor and gather the easiest instruments for the task
This is not idea, however the culmination of Ford's real-world event as an program Architect on the worldwide IT consultancy ThoughtWorks. even if you are a newbie or a professional with years of expertise, you will increase your paintings and your profession with the easy and easy ideas in The effective Programmer.
By Mike Mason
This e-book covers the speculation at the back of model keep an eye on and the way it may support builders develop into extra effective, paintings higher as a crew, and stick with it most sensible of software program complexity. model keep watch over, performed good, is your "undo" button for the venture: not anything is ultimate, and errors are simply rolled back.
This e-book describes Subversion 1.3, the newest and most well-liked open resource model regulate procedure, utilizing a recipe-based technique that may get you up and working quick and properly. tips on how to use Subversion the perfect way-the pragmatic way.
With this ebook, you can:
- Keep all venture resources safe--not simply resource code--and by no means run the danger of wasting a very good idea
- Know the way to undo undesirable decisions--even directories and symlinks are versioned
- Learn the right way to percentage code competently, and paintings in parallel for max efficiency
- Install Subversion and manage, administer and backup your repository
- Share code over a community with Apache, svnserve, or ssh
- Create and deal with releases, code branches, merges and insect fixes
- Manage third celebration code safely
- Use the entire most up-to-date Subversion 1.3 positive aspects together with locking and path-based protection, and masses more!
Now there is not any excuse to not use professional-grade model control.
By David Griffiths, Dawn Griffiths
Also, like a faculty direction, the ebook positive aspects labs: tasks meant to stretch your skills, attempt your new talents, and construct self assurance. you are going to transcend the fundamentals of the language and how to use the compiler, the make instrument and the archiver to take on real-world problems.
We imagine a while is just too worthwhile to waste suffering from new ideas. utilizing the newest study in cognitive technology and studying idea to craft a multi-sensory studying adventure, Head First C makes use of a visually wealthy structure designed for a way your mind works, now not a text-heavy procedure that places you to sleep.
By Julien Bayle
Building your individual digital units is interesting enjoyable and this booklet is helping you input the realm of self sufficient yet hooked up units. After an advent to the Arduino board, you are going to turn out studying a few talents to shock your self.
- Use Arduino forums on your personal digital & software program projects
- Sense the area by utilizing a number of sensory elements together with your Arduino boards
- Create tangible and reactive interfaces along with your computer
- Discover a global of inventive wiring and coding fun!
Physical computing permits us to construct interactive actual platforms through the use of software program & on the way to experience and reply to the true international. C Programming for Arduino will allow you to harness strong features like sensing, feedbacks, programming or even wiring and constructing your personal self sufficient systems.
C Programming for Arduino comprises every thing you want to without delay begin wiring and coding your individual digital undertaking. You’ll study C and the way to code different types of firmware on your Arduino, after which flow directly to layout small common structures to appreciate how dealing with buttons, leds, liquid crystal display, community modules and lots more and plenty more.
After operating via C/C++ for the Arduino, you are going to easy methods to keep an eye on your software program by utilizing actual buttons and distance sensors or even become aware of how one can use your Arduino with the Processing framework in order that they paintings in unison. complex assurance contains utilizing wireless networks and batteries to make your Arduino-based extra cellular and versatile with no wires. with the intention to how one can construct your individual digital units with strong open-source know-how, then this e-book is for you.
What you'll research from this book
- Understand what an Arduino board is
- Sense the area via a number of electronic inputs
- Feel the realm with analog sensors
- Design a visible output suggestions system
- Use Max6 and Processing with Arduino
- Connect your Arduino to stressed and instant networks
- Add GPS localisation modules for your Arduino
Written as a realistic Packt ebook brimming with attractive examples, C Programming for Arduino might help these new to the superb open resource digital platform if you want to begin constructing a few nice initiatives from the very start.
Who this e-book is written for
This e-book is superb for those that are looking to find out how to layout & construct their very own digital units. From interplay layout paintings university scholars to the selfmade hobbyist, or perhaps easily those that are looking to research electronics, this booklet can assist via including a brand new approach to layout self sufficient yet attached devices.
By Tom Addis
Working as a pragmatic advisor for studying sensible programming at once in the course of the diagrams used to outline features, this e-book describes, and gives entry to, a method that offers a degree of aid comparable to that supplied in observe processing.
By Simon Marlow
If you could have a operating wisdom of Haskell, this hands-on ebook exhibits you the way to exploit the language’s many APIs and frameworks for writing either parallel and concurrent courses. You’ll find out how parallelism exploits multicore processors to hurry up computation-heavy courses, and the way concurrency helps you to write courses with threads for a number of interactions.
Author Simon Marlow walks you thru the method with plenty of code examples that you should run, scan with, and expand. Divided into separate sections on Parallel and Concurrent Haskell, this e-book additionally contains routines that will help you get to grips with the innovations presented:
- Express parallelism in Haskell with the Eval monad and overview Strategies
- Parallelize usual Haskell code with the Par monad
- Build parallel array-based computations, utilizing the Repa library
- Use the speed up library to run computations without delay at the GPU
- Work with uncomplicated interfaces for writing concurrent code
- Build timber of threads for better and extra complicated programs
- Learn tips on how to construct high-speed concurrent community servers
- Write disbursed courses that run on a number of machines in a network
This step by step ebook publications you thru the method of making notable iOS apps utilizing Xcode four. As a beginner's consultant, it specializes in getting you thru the entire significant studying issues in a tender, logical order whereas exhibiting you the way to prevent a few universal pitfalls. that will find out how to construct iOS functions that compete with the remainder and make your mark in the iOS undefined, this e-book is for you. you'll have a few easy programming adventure with Objective-C, and an exceptional figuring out of OOP, in addition to a few wisdom of database layout. No wisdom of Xcode four is needed.
A multi-user video game, site, cloud software, or networked database could have hundreds of thousands of clients all interacting even as. you wish a robust, industrial-strength software to address the rather challenging difficulties inherent in parallel, concurrent environments. you would like Erlang. during this moment variation of the bestselling Programming Erlang, you are going to the way to write parallel courses that scale easily on multicore systems.
Using Erlang, you can be shocked at how effortless it turns into to accommodate parallel difficulties, and what sort of speedier and extra successfully your courses run. that is simply because Erlang makes use of sets of parallel processes-not a unmarried sequential method, as present in so much programming languages.
Joe Armstrong, author of Erlang, introduces this robust language in small steps, providing you with an entire assessment of Erlang and the way to take advantage of it in universal situations. you are going to commence with sequential programming, stream to parallel programming and dealing with blunders in parallel courses, and discover ways to paintings hopefully with allotted programming and the traditional Erlang/Open Telecom Platform (OTP) frameworks.
You desire no prior wisdom of practical or parallel programming. The chapters are jam-packed with hands-on, real-world educational examples and insider information and suggestion, and end with workouts for either starting and complicated users.
The moment variation has been generally rewritten. New to this variation are seven chapters protecting the newest Erlang gains: maps, the kind approach and the Dialyzer, WebSockets, programming idioms, and a brand new stand-alone execution setting. you are going to write courses that dynamically realize and proper error, and that may be upgraded with out preventing the method. there is additionally assurance of rebar (the de facto Erlang construct system), and knowledge on how you can proportion and use Erlang initiatives on github, illustrated with examples from cowboy and bitcask.
Erlang will switch your view of the area, and of ways you program.
What You Need
The Erlang/OTP process. obtain it from erlang.org.
Thoroughly revised and up-to-date with the most recent model of C++, the hot 5th version of Programming and challenge fixing with C++ presents the clearest creation to C++, object-oriented programming, and software program improvement to be had. well known writer crew Nell Dale and Chip Weems are cautious to incorporate all subject matters and guidance positioned forth by way of the ACM/IEEE. a brand new bankruptcy on info buildings makes this article perfect for the only- or two-term direction. New software program upkeep Case experiences educate scholars the way to learn code with a purpose to debug, adjust, or increase present category or code segments.